Snuffle Mat – Regular
$47.00 – $50.00 (inc GST)
or 4 fortnightly payments from $11.75 with More info
Support local, Australian business by purchasing a top quality Snuffle Mat – handmade with love, by me! These are a fantastic way to occupy your pet on a rainy day, to slow down their eating and for pets with limited mobility or recovering from surgery. Snuffling for treats is a great stress relief for anxious pets and provides calm enrichment.
Add dry food or treats on top and mix them into the layers of material, then let your pet snuffle away to find them! This will provide mental stimulation, while satisfying their instincts to sniff and snuffle for their treats or whole meal. While these are not made as bed items, many pets like to relax after their snuffling work and lay on their soft, comfy mat. Snuffle Mats are suitable for cats and dogs of all sizes. I’ve also known of these being used for Guinea Pigs and Rabbits. It is not recommended to give these to birds, due to the risk of material fibers.
Great care is taken to ensure quality of each Snuffle Mat and I make them in two sizes. This regular size measures roughly 30 x 30cm (large mats are also available at 60 x 40cm in my store). Snuffle mats should be used with supervision and aren’t recommended for dogs that are known for destructive chewing or eating material.
Select from the drop down menu below, to find your favourite design and check for availability. While I do my best to update the status of each colour regularly, levels may not be perfect. If there is a problem with your order I will contact you to discuss.
- Custom made and back-ordered mats will be made quickly after payment (2 days to 2 weeks is normal).
- Most patterned material is sold out and unavailable Australia-wide, which is why many half:half and tri-colour designs have been made with a mix of brightly coloured plain material.
- I do welcome custom requests also. Please contact me via my Facebook Page or email to discuss.
See the ‘Description’ tab below for more detailed information about how the Snuffle Mats are made, colour availability and care instructions for your new mat.
- Additional information
- Reviews (2)
Baby Willow with her Snuffle Mat (pink with rainbow cakes pattern)
Snowy the cat working for his whole meal in the limited edition ‘Inferno’ Snuffle Mat
As Snuffle Mats are handmade, each item will vary slightly in design. They are made using brand new materials: rubber door mats and high quality polar fleece, available in a range of designs and colours. These mats are cleaned before use and so is the polar fleece. I cut the fleece into the correct size strips, then to remove excess fluff, I wash the polar fleece and run it through the dryer before use. This ensures all items are clean, safe and top quality for your pet!
The mats are then hand made by threading and tying the material in 2 layers or directions through the mat. That is 144 hand cut, hand tied strips for the regular mat and 370 for the large!
- If the colour/design that you’d like is showing “In stock” with a quantity of 1 or 2, this is because I have that colour Snuffle Mat pre-made and ready to send.
- Designs that are showing “Available on Backorder” mean that I have the material available, but it may not be cut into strips yet and the mat needs to be made. While I work very quickly to make your back-ordered mat (often only a few days), please allow up to 1-2 weeks for your Snuffle Mat to be made during busy times.
- If a colour is showing as “Out of Stock”, generally that is because I don’t think I have enough of that colour material available to make a new mat. If you’d particularly like that colour, please contact me to check for more information. I will remove colours completely once it’s confirmed that they’re no longer available.
Care instructions for your new Snuffle Mat: After each use, shake out the snuffle mat, to ensure there’s no food left behind. The mats can be hand washed or machine washed on a gentle cycle as required. While they can go through the dryer, it is recommended to hang them up to air dry. The small amounts of exposed rubber mat may mark the inside of your washing machine or dryer.